Monday, August 01, 2016

How To Acquire Fct/Abuja Land Directly From Federal Government

There are two types of lands in FCT/Abuja which are FCDA land and Area Council land. Area Council lands were being allocated by the chairmen of each area council but the FCT minister is now the one allocating both FCDA and Area Council lands through an agency called AGIS (Abuja Geographic Information System).

AGIS is responsible for generation, management and administration of geospatial and land related matters in the FCT which include handling of data capture, processing and computerization of land related departments as well as customer services such as billing and revenue collection.

To acquire any land directly from the government one has to open a new application file in AGIS by taking the following steps

1. Obtain a new application form from AGIS or download from
2. Pay 50,000 (for Area Council land) or 100,000 (for FCDA land) to AGIS account at GTBank, FirstBank, Zenith Bank or any other designated bank.
3. Present evidence of payment (teller) to AGIS (finance department) to ontain receipt
4. Open file at New Application Desk with the following documents
A) photocopy of the receipt
B) two passport size photograph
C) means of identification (national I D card, international passport or driver licence)
D) tax clearance certificate
5. Collect copy of acknowledgement of the form to claim the land when its being allocated to you


1. You are not legally binded to pay any money to anybody apart from the one stated above.
2. Opening of the form does not automatically guarantee you of getting the land but just serve as the first step to acquire the land.

View the sample of the Land acquisition application form below:


Post a Comment